Pages

2.24.2008

Wild Thing...I think I LOVE you!

ETA: Whoops...hit upload too quickly. Forgot to post a picture of the actual card! LOL!


I recently one a lovely set of stamps from Julee over at Verve Visual. I picked the Fancy Florals Remixed set as my free set but *ahem* had to order a few more things to help round out the envelope (why let a perfectly good envelope go to waste shipping just one little thing)! :-) Talk about super fast shipping! I think I received my ship notice late Wednesday night (I placed my order on Wednesday) and received it beautifully packaged in my mailbox on Friday. Thanks Julee!

I made this for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge over on her blog (Mojo25)! I think if there is only one sketch challenge that I have a chance to do weekly, it will always be Julee's. I *heart* her sketches! I used my new Verve Visual Wild Thing set to make this card for my oldest son to tuck in his lunchbox next week. The second I saw this set, I was in love with it. Unfortunately, not having any employment offers in sight at the time, I had to restrict myself from purchasing the set when it first came out. I will be starting my new job tomorrow and I know that my oldest son will be hit the hardest by my being gone again. Unfortunately my new hours will be 2:30 pm - 11:30 pm, and since my oldest always wants me to snuggle him at night for a few minutes before he goes to sleep, he's going to be missing me. However the nice thing about these hours is that I'll be spending time with both of my boys during the day at Harland's school (so hopefully that will make up for the missing mommy at night thing). I know that Harland's teacher is really looking forward to having help during the day.






Karrie was also so sweet in nominating me for the Excellent award (she's such a sweetie)! I think just about everyone that I know of that blogs has this award up on their blog already, so I'm just gonna say "Thank you very much"!



Card details:
Stamps: Wild Thing (Verve Visual)
Cardstock: Papertrey White, Basic Black, Shimmery White, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, Wild Thing dp (KI Memories)
Other: Dew Drops, Diamond Stickles, Dew Drops, glue dots, dimensionals, Cuttlebug

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous, Linda! Love those zebra stripes and the sparkly heart! I totally agree with filling up those envelopes. I can never just buy one thing when I shop! :)

Karrie Baker said...

I LOVE this set! I was so happy that Julee sent this set to me when I was a Guest Designer for her. Does she know me or what? LOL

Awwww, the new job is starting already? Sorry to hear that, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly at home with all the adjustments! Just think...moola and insurance, moola and insurance. :)

Deb Wood said...

I love this card, fabulous!!

 
site design by designer blogs