Pages

2.22.2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail....



This is one of the very first rubber stamps that I have ever purchased. It is made by Holly Berry House (which also happens to be made locally here in Colorado Springs). This stamp is quite large (it measures 4"x5") and is a little intimidating to watercolor due to all the little details. I actually wasn't happy with my watercoloring and was about to relegate it to the paper file when I decided to try adding some glitter. Whoever invented glitter is GENIOUS in my book! Glitter is just what this little bunny was needing!

The card is pretty straightforward. The Chocolate Chip card base is 5 1/2" square. I don't know if you can see it, but I stamped the Sanded background in Pale Plum craft on the base of the card. Peter is stamped in Timber Brown Staz-On and is colored with a plethora of products (reinkers, WWC, Copic Spica glitter pens). To the bunny's coat and pants I added some of my much hoarded Art Institute glitter in a pale blue and a pale purple. All of the other glittery accents is Dazzling Diamonds (SU).

And to Sharon in NE, I truly apologize for the childhood song that will be playing in your head for the remainder of the day. LOL!

Card recipe:
Stamps: 6083 LQ (Holly Berry House), Sanded and All Holidays (SU)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pale Plum, Shimmery White
Ink: Staz-On Timber Brown, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, various to watercolor
Accessories: Art Institute & Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Copic Spica glitter pens, Chocolate Chip Taffetta, dimensionals, Perfect Layers, Cutter Kit, Small Corner Rounder




3 comments:

toners said...

Sooo sweet! And I agree...glitter is an amazing thing :)

Karrie Baker said...

You have been BUSY!! This stamp is precious absolutely precious! Yet another FABULOUS job! :)

Sharon in NE said...

yep...there is goes.
(Really cute card but...you couldn't come up with another title?)

;)

 
site design by designer blogs