Pages

2.17.2008

Meet George Jetson


If the Jetson's had a cat, don't you think Sprinkle would be it? And she would be buzzing around in a little spaceship just like this one! Remember that happy little buzzing sound all the vehicles used to make? I swear that sound has been buzzing in my head the entire time I've been making this card (along with the theme song which is now in YOUR head I'm betting....LOL)!
I made this for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge over on her blog. I really like how this card turned out even though for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what embellishment to use in the lower right hand corner of the main image. Nothing that I have seemed to fit. If you can think of anything that you would do, let me know as I'm open to ideas.
I LOVE how the Linograph background turned out! I stamped the background with Craft Black and then embossed with some Hologram Highlights embossing powder. It is so sparkly IRL! I cut the background into three panels and mounted on a Soft Sky piece. I then took some Soft Sky stitched ribbon and attached three Pewter Build-a-Brads evenly down the side. The inside of the brad uses a rub-on from the Eastern Eclectic pack from SU.
For the main image, I stamped Little Sprinkle with Black Staz-On on Shimmery White cardstock. I then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the Small Ship in Basic Grey. I colored Sprinkle in with my Copic Spica glitter pens and then outlined with a very light grey Copic marker to make her pop a little more. I then used a Basic Black marker to ink up just the vapor trail from Love Rocket (which was also colored in with my Copic Spica glitter pens). I used my corner rounder on two opposite corners and then used my Perfect Layers tool to make to 1/16th inch mats with Basic Black and Soft Sky. The main image was then added to the Linograph background with dimensionals. The entire panel was then added to a Blue Bayou card base.
Have a wonderful Sunday! It is cold and snowing in Colorado Springs (perfect stamping weather)!
Card details:
Stamps: Little Sprinkle, Small Ship, Love Rocket (all from The Cats Pajamas), Linograph (retired SU)
Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Ink: Staz-On Black, Basic Grey, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Craft Black
Other: Hologram Highlights ep, Build-a-Brads, Eastern Eclectic rub-ons, Soft Sky stitched ribbon, corner rounder and 1/2 " Circle punches, glue dots, dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

4 comments:

toners said...

LOL!! Sprinkle would DEFINITELY be the Jetsons' cat!! For your main image, how about stamping a sentiment going sideways up and down the right-hand side of the panel? Have a great Sunday :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Adorable, Linda! I'll be singing the Jetsons song all day now! LOL! I love Linograph - I was just looking at it collecting dust on my shelf yesterday thinking I out to pull it out. :)

Sharon in NE said...

Love Sprinkles in his jet. Thanks for the song in my head...(ugh)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! This is soooooo Jetsons! You made it perfect with the background design and colors and sparkle. How fun!

 
site design by designer blogs