Pages

2.25.2008

Hey There Cupcake!



This was made for a sketch challenge for the Creative Cuts and More design team members for the month of February. We had two sketch challenges that we could choose from (and you know how much I enjoy sketch challenges). You can see what the other sketch was if you mosy on over to Toni's blog. I have to say, I think that this turned out stinking cute! I typically am not pleased with my attempts at clean, no layer cards (I always like everyone else's, just not mine). I think that this is the first one that I have made that I actually really like (although please feel free to ignore the paperclip in the picture. This was the best way to get a picture of the image within the window)! *wink*


I started off with an A2 Small Circle Window Card in Cryogen White (Curious Metallic). I first masked off a long rectangular section using two post-it notes. I sponged Gable Green dye ink between the two masks, being careful to have the color lighter (almost white) towards the middle. Next I stamped various ribbons (from the Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon set) in Versamagic Pretty Petunia within the green section. I then used the same Pretty Petunia ink to stamp the sentiment in the lower left hand corner of the card front. My next step was to place a Scallop Frame die cut in Amethyst (Stardream Metallic) to frame the circle. I *heart* this Amethyst color (it reminds me of a beautiful light Tanzanite color, which is one of my favorite gemstones)! Terry offers this Scallop Frame in her store but she doesn't have everything posted on the website yet (once it has been added to the website, I'll edit this post with a link). On the inside of the card, I lined up a cupcake image from my new Hero Arts Cupcakes set using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig. I colored the cupcake image with my watercolor crayons and an aquapainter and then added some diamond stickles to the frosting.

Thanks for stopping by!






8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is so cute, love that cupcake image in your cut out.

Karrie Baker said...

I just got this stamp set!!! YEEHAW!! After seeing your card I am kicking myself for not participating in the sketch challenge. Dang! Well, I will just have to make it a priority next month! LOL

Love your card! So cheery, so cute! So YUMMY! LOL

toners said...

Linda, this is so beautiful! The spring colors and the sparkle are a perfect combo :)

Elaine said...

It's so stinking cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda! I haven't had as much time as I'd like lately to visit my favorite people but I wanted to tell you congrats on your design team gig!! They made a good choice in you! I've looked at all your recent posts and you've been doing some exemplary work--a little bit of pretty and a little bit of fun--just the right combination. Thank you for making my visit so enjoyable!

toners said...

Hey Linda - a little bird just told me that they need to mail you something...but you need to email me with your snail mail address :) toners@wispertel.net

Nardi said...

Such a cute card. I love the window with the image peeking through.

toners said...

Hi :) So glad you received the card safely! DH is outside right now snowblowing - we have over a foot so far... :)

I got the ATC sleeves from www.youratcstore.com - they have all the ATC "stuff" and are fast with shipping orders! Happy shopping :)

 
site design by designer blogs