Pages

2.03.2008

Anna's Posies


Julee posted an awesome sketch over on her Verve Visual blog (two awesome Julee sketches in one week...huge sigh of happiness) and Karrie and I decided that we would each create something with the sketch and some Whipper Snapper stamps. Here is a link to the super cute card that Karrie made. It's funny that we both chose to use images designed by the ultra talented Anna Wight.
I used Anna's new Posies for You set that was just released this month (Anna will be designing a new UM set for Whipper Snapper each month per my understanding). It was love at first site when I first saw the images on Anna's blog. I love flowers and will indulge myself in flower images whenever I see something I like!
I colored the Posies (this is probably my favorite image) with both my watercolor crayons and Twinkling H2O's (the white part of the daisy). I then highlighted with Diamond Stickles. The print pattern background was stamped with Versamark ink on Cardstock Vellum and then heat embossed. The rest is pretty straight forward so I won't bore you with the details.
Card details:
Stamps: Posies for You (Whipper Snapper), Print Pattern (SU Background)
CS: So Saffron, Shimmery White, Basic Grey, Cardstock Vellum
Ink: Staz-On Black, Basic Grey, Versamark
Other: Detail White ep, Basic Grey taffeta ribbon, Twinkling H2O's, Diamond Stickles, WWC, Rich Regals brads, flower eyelets (MM), Square Nesties, glue dots, dimensionals

12 comments:

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful! I just love that Posey set! :0)

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

This is so much FUN! =)

toners said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!...I LOVe the wonderful layers...and the versamark/vellum especially!!...yummy!

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous! Love the vellum background and the way you layer the posies image on the other diamond layer...great job!

Sharon in NE said...

The white diamonds on the vellum is SO wonderful. It really sets it apart. I love it. Great job coloring and stickling the Posies. ("Stickling" is now a word. I have just invented it. I will alert Merriam W.)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such a pretty card.

Karrie Baker said...

Okay, so I am a loser Cyber Friend. I guess my Google Reader is acting up because I did not see this yesterday, WHAN!

This turned out FAB! I love it! Isn't that SU! taffeta ribbon the best? Luscious if you ask me. :)

Lauren (mytime) said...

TRULY beautiful!

Bethany Paull said...

Wonderful! That bg is gorgeous!

Katy said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card!

Thank you for sharing!!

toners said...

Hey Linda - you've been tagged over at my blog :)

 
site design by designer blogs