Pages

2.06.2008

Red Robin Fly Away Home


I made this for todays Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers (SC162). It's a great sketch don't you think? I've been wanting to get my new Birds Galore set from Inkadinkado inky and thought this sketch was perfect for this little bird (he's my favorite from the whole set).


I used my Stylized Flowers embossing folder for the Regal Rose layer. I stamped my little Robin (that's what he is to me anyway) in Staz-On Timber Brown and then watercolored with reinkers and then added a few little dabs of diamond stickles for a little bling. I sponged Chocolate Chip ink on both of the designer paper pieces before matting with Chocolate Chip.


I have a fun project coming up that I can't wait to get started. Harland has a homework assignment to make a mailbox of sorts to contain his Valentines that he will be receiving in Kindergarten class (I remember doing this when I was a little girl). I am SO excited and can't wait to get started on this (Harland is excited to and can't wait to help)! I purchased a little wooden box from Michael's that already has an opening cut out of the top. I have some really cute Zebra patterned paper (I didn't want it too girly) and some really nice Valentine embellishments from K&Co that will make for a cute project.


On a personal note, I've been nursing a sore back for the past few days. I tweaked my back good and I'm walking around like a little old lady (at least that's what I feel like). I also have an interview with a company in Colorado Springs this coming Monday, so if you could send some good interview mojo my way, I would appreciate it. Interviews always make me so nervous and it has been so long since I have had to do this.


Card details:
Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Shimmery White, Phoebe dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Staz-On Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip
Other: WWC, Diamond Stickles, small corner rounder, Primas, copper brad (MM), dimensionals, Stylized Flowers embossing folder.

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your coloring and shading, it is another great card. Hope your back is better soon, I have a mental picture of you and it is not pretty, feel better soon - sending some GOOD Interviewing MOJO your way.

Anonymous said...

That's such a beautiful card! I just love everything about it, the colours, the bird (so cute!), the layout... so perfect!

dpkennedy said...

I love the way you colored this! The dp and the layering is beautiful!

Sharon in NE said...

LOVE this card...oh my goodness!!!

(:) Here is a hug for confidence because you know you have the ability to do the job. Interviews have not changed that much over the years, but you have, for the better, in that you have work experience & life experience and that is SO valuable. You're intelligent and clearly detail oriented so take that confidence and sell yourself.

 
site design by designer blogs