Pages

1.06.2008

Anna's "Flowered with Love"


I made this for Beate's weekend sketch challenge that she posts on her blog (WSC29). If you have never made it to Beate's blog, you don't know what you're missing!

Let me start off by saying that this card is so much prettier in real life (I always seem to be saying that). We have snow today in CO and I'm having a real hard time finding good light to photograph with. Just imagine all the shimmer and sparkle for me OK?

The focal point is a Whipper Snapper stamp that was designed by Anna Wight (aka Sweet Miss Daisy). This stamp is actually signed by Anna as I won it on her blog last year. I stamped the focal image in black Staz-On on Shimmery White and then colored in with my Copic Spica glitter pens. I outlined with a very light grey Copic marker to give the image a little depth and then added a few Diamond Stickles details. The piece was cut out and embossed with my rectangle Nestabilities and then mounted on a Shimmery Ruby piece of cardstock (that was also cut out with Nestabilities).

The card base is 5 1/4 " square. I stamped the retired SU Soft Swirls background in Craft Black on a Shimmery White square. I then embossed this with Iridescent Ice ep and then colored in the hearts with my Red Spica pen. I then adhered a black strip that was embossed with my Divine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder. Some Primas and a crystal brad finish off the card.

Card details:
Stamp sets: Flowered w/Love (Whipper Snapper), Soft Swirls (retired SU)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Shimmery White, Shimmer Ruby
Ink: Staz On Black, Craft Black
Accessories: Iridescent Ice ep, Copic Spica glitter pens, Diamond Stickles, Divine Swirls embossing folder, Nestabilities, Primas, Crystal Brad

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card, Linda! The bold color combo, the swirls, the gorgeous flower and your coloring are wonderful.
Hugs and smiles

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Linda, linda, LINDA!!!! I *love* this! I've never seen this image look so fine! =) Glad you're enjoying it! Cheers to you! -Anna.

Sharon in NE said...

I absolutely love this! Great job!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful card! Love the swirl/heart background. tfs! :)

Mia said...

OMG - this is such a beautiful card!!! I absolutely love the "love" stamp and all the glitter!!! Thanks for charing!

Michele Kovack said...

Great Valentine's card!!!

Karrie Baker said...

How come this never came across my Google reader? Dang it! I can't believe I have been missing out on this beauty! You did a wonderful job! I love it! :)

By the way, I tagged you!! LOL
http://stampgirl.typepad.com/burnin_rubber/2008/01/tagged-by-toni.html

Anonymous said...

What a great Valentine, Linda! Super cute stamp! Love all the glitter, shimmer and swirls!

dpkennedy said...

Lovin' the LOVE...great stamp and beautiful card you made!

 
site design by designer blogs