Pages

2.24.2013

Lovely Larkspur (or a lesson in creativity)


So Splitcoaststampers have these challenges going on...
the first challenge is one of those word challenges....
LOVE....
you know L is for Lavender...
O is for Oval...
Etc...
I went to bed last night thinking about what I could do...
L is for layers....
Hmmmm.....O...
this one vexed me a bit..
V can be Violets...
and I did just purchase the YOF:  Violets dies...
E can be embossing....
Oh and V can also be for Vellum...
Anyone who is a die hard PTI fan can probably already see where this is going...
So I'm just going to say it...
I CASED BETSY'S CARD!


Phew....got that out of my system...
I definitely didn't use this card in the contest...
and believe me when I say that I had all the intentions of NOT casing her card...
but what I found is that the arrangement of Violets was perfect...
the use of Embroidered Blooms as accents was just perfect...
Believe me when I say that MANY pieces of cardstock were stamped with other things...
and discarded...
die cut with Edgers dies and Oval dies (trying to get my O in there)...
and discarded...
Nothing looked right except for the perfect arrangement that is Betsy's card...
So I just went with it !

But that card lead me into creating THIS card...


Very easily I may add as the creativity juices were flowing...
and I managed to use one of those stamped backgrounds on this card...
so all is good....


L is for Larkspur...
O is for Off the Page
V is for Vellum
E is for White Embossing.
There always are a bunch of butterflies flying around in my mother's garden so there are a few of them on here too...

Oh and by the way, if you have the YOF series and are wondering if the newly released dies are worth it?  All I can say is YES!  I found that using a black piece of card stock underneath the die cut really helped me stamp accurately.  I will be adding more of these to my collection when they are back in stock.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linda

11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, these are both gorgeous, Linda! Absolutely stunning!

Taheerah said...

Wow, these are so so beautiful Linda!! I love the soft colours and the embossing!! Great cards!!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Gorgeous cards, love the soft hues/1

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, Linda! Gorgeous, like a beautiful dream!

DF said...

Oh my gosh, these are FABULOUS!! Just gorgeous, works of art! Thanks for sharing.

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous, elegant, stunning cards. You are one talented stamper as your cased card of Betsy's turned out beautifully; something I could never do.

Betsy V said...

Linda, your spin-off card turned out just lovely! So glad you had a chance to play around with this technique. :-)

joy said...

Love the softness of your card!

Lilian said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I would love to case Betsy's cards someday too.

Taheerah said...

Hey Linda, just wanted to drop you a quick note and thank you so much for your kind comments today! I didn't have your e-mail to do so, so just thought I'd leave an extra comment here to tell you how much I truly appreciate you and your sweet words!!

Anonymous said...

You have mastered the dies! Your larkspur card is so gorgeous! It's got a very romantic feel to.Just love the addition of glitter. Of course, your case of BV is also stellar!

 
site design by designer blogs