Pages

9.23.2008

Ahoy There!

Johanna (of Just Johanna's Odd Bird Planet) was having a "Pirate" challenges all weekend over on SCS. I was DETERMINED to get some stamping done and was able to complete 7 of the card challenges.

Here are my submissions for Challenge # 1: Stamp a Critter, Turn it into a Pirate




This is Flo Owl all decked out as a Pirate. Flow has a hand drawn peg leg and eye patch. She is sporting a pirate hat that was borrowed from Pirate Kitty (from TCP). Her sword came in the rubber grab bag special that Johanna was running a little while back. Nothing too elaborate for this challenge.

Challenge #2: Incorporate Treasure (bling, sparkles, glitter, gems, costume jewelry, etc.) into a card. If you know me, I was ALL over this challenge.




I had FUN with this one! This is Allison Little Owl who is sporting a little pirate hat that came in my rubber grab bag (I don't even think the little pirate hats are available anymore, but gosh are they ever cute and fun to work with). I stamped her on top of the Pirate Booty treasure chest from TCP and watercolored using my WWC and Copic Spica glitter pens. Used lots of bling from my stash on the inside of my pirate chest. The sentiment is also from TCP. I used my new Pacific Point and Riding Hood Red In Color cardstock colors from SU on this one (the new Riding Hood Red satin ribbon is to die for BTW). I thought that the Swirls cuttlebug embossing folder looked like waves and attempted to capture that feel by cutting selective portions out.

Be back tomorrow with a couple more challenge submissions!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs