Pages

5.29.2008

The Card That Almost Wasn't......

The fact that I'm able to post this card is somewhat of a miracle. I had such a cute idea in my head for this particular card. The evolution of this card however came out of sheer necessity. Let me explain......

I received this gorgeous 5 1/4 inch square card from Terry at Creative Cuts and More. The card itself is made from my very favorite Cryogen White (can you say *shimmer*) with the foldout square in Bubble Gum velvet paper. You do the math.....Shimmer + Velvet = one easily gorgeous creation.

I knew I wanted to use my Hero Arts Yoo Hoo Owl sparkle clear set as I've seen so many cute Owl cards lately. I work frantically to get the boys to bed so I can have some me time. The boys are pleading "One more bedtime story mommy?" and I give them an emphatic "No! It's a school night...you need to go to sleep!" I probably should have read them the extra story.....

Here's the disaster as it unfolded....

1. When I go to stamp my second image (the smallest owl), the image only transfers part of the way. I waited too long and the Staz-On ink on the image wasn't wet enough. Yikes! I tell myself..."OK, this is the beauty of clear stamps....reink the image and you'll be able to perfectly position it so that you don't have double lines!". I actually DID do a good job of stamping the image, only I pressed too hard and the image looks a little darker than the others.

2. Then my sweet little Bella comes traipsing along. Sweet Bella walked over my stamping scrub and got one of her little feet on the wet side. Sweet Bella thinks that her paw print would make a mighty fine addition to my stamped artwork and decides to walk over the card, thus making her mark on the art world forever. Here is a picture of sweet Bella! She really likes the bonding time with mommy in the office/stamp room! My husband would tell her that she is not his idea of "computer software". Bella would disagree!




The rest shall we say is history. I had not planned on having bling in the lower left and upper right of the card. I also did not originally plan on using a luscious brown velvet ribbon with my card either. The bling and the ribbon are there to hide sweet little kitty paw prints! LOL! Without the ribbon, I wouldn't have done the piercing down the left side of the card. Nor would I have pierced the upper right hand corner either. I think the only original idea that came to fruition is that the largest owl is super sparkly!



I guess the morale of the story is to keep moving forward. I know that I'm not the only one out there who has had to salvage their work! Don't get me started on the mishaps of trying to take a photo of the card outside! LOL! At least you can see the pretty shimmer of my favorite Cryogen White paper!

Thanks for stopping by!




Recipe:


Cardstock: 5 1/4 inch square Foldout Window Card (Cryogen White, Bubble Gum Velvet Paper)


Stamps: Yoo Hoo Owl (Hero Arts)


Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On, Garden Green


Other: Watercolor crayons, Copic Spica glitter pens, Hero Arts bling, Chocolate Velvet ribbon (Jacksonbelle Embellishments), paper piercer and mat pack, glue dots

2 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

This kind of thing is the story of my LIFE!! Mishap after mishap!! LOL

Your card turned out TOTALLY cute though! And guess what? I ordered that darn owl set cause they were just too cute to resist! It is ALL YOUR FAULT!! LOLOL

Jeannie Phillips said...

I absoutly love owls and I absoutly love this card you did a wonderful job with it.
Jeannie

 
site design by designer blogs