Pages

6.29.2007

I stamped!

This is a birthday card that I'm sending to a stamper that I have long admired. Boy does it feel good to stamp! I've been missing it. I still have to make a birthday card for my son (my youngest turns 4 tomorrow) and a birthday card and matching gift bag for my best friend. I'm also going to attempt to make a 'Swimming Pool' ice cream cake for the festivities tomorrow. Wish me luck!

The card above is my very first acetate card. The trickiest thing about acetate cards (besides photographing them) is adhering your layers so your adhesive does not show. The stamped images are from one of my favorite retiring sets (that I'll hold on to forever) called Mixed Bouquet. I stamped the smaller daisy image using White Staz-On on the transparency itself. I stamped the larger rose image on Shimmery White using Pixie Dust Versamagic chalk ink. The image was then embossed with Irridescent Ice ep and then watercolored with banana and pink crayons. The patterned paper is some of my favorite Crate paper called Twirl. I highlighted some of the stripes with my Sakura glitter pen. This beauty shimmers like crazy (and the gal I'm sending this too LOVES shimmer)! I wish you could see it IRL. I tied some pretty green polka dotted ribbon and then hung a little CB tag that I made and stamped it with an image from It's Your Birthday.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stamped! I'm so glad you finally have a little time. This is beautiful, Linda! I'll bet I know who it's for and she's going to love it for sure!

Trudee said...

Whoa, Linda this is stunning! I absolutely love the acetate! I am sure she will love it!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous clear card. You are rocking those!

Amy said...

That is a great card! I am from the Springs and now live in Houston. I may be moving back next summer! I was just there and went to Simple Pleasures (scrap/stamp store) and WOW! They have great stuff. Anyway, love it that I found your blog. Maybe next year we can get together and Stamp it Up!

Trudee said...

Linda, I can't believe you sent this to me!!!! ((((Linda)))) Thank you so much! It's positively perfect! and all that shimmer....mmmmmmmmmm :) LOVE IT!! Thank you so much!!!

 
site design by designer blogs