Pages

12.13.2007

Monochromatic Thomas Kinkade

I made this for today's Ways To Use It Challenge over on SCS. The challenge was to make a monochromatic card. I need some "bulk" Christmas cards that can easily be mailed without a lot of extra postage and hassle from the post office. I think that this design is it. I usually really love to pile on layer after layer on my cards, so this is a HUGE departure for me and feels a little strange. In person the card is so much prettier and sparkly (the light to take pictures isn't the greatest on this cold Colorado afternoon). This is my one and only Thomas Kinkade stamp (so far). I fell in love with it when I first saw it debuted on Cornish Heritage Farms. I also used my Holiday Wishes sentiment set from Papertrey (the card is embossed both inside and out with Detail Silver embossing powder). The card base has been stamped with one of my favorite background stamps from SU (Linen).


Card Deets:
Stamp Sets: Village Christmas (Thomas Kinkade), Holiday Wishes (Papertrey), Linen (SU)
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Brushed Silver, Papertrey Stampers Select White
Ink: Bordering Blue, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Silver Cord, Rectangle Nestabilities, Detail Silver ep

5 comments:

Karrie Baker said...

This is so delicate & pretty! I love the glitter...so, so pretty!! :)

Alhambra Club said...

This is so petty, love the addition of the sparkle

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous, Linda -- I love all the sparkle!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! A gorgeous and peaceful scene!

Elaine said...

Absolutely beautiful!

 
site design by designer blogs