Pages

10.08.2007

Frankie - Sketch Challenge

I made this for SC143 over on Splitcoast. I really was loving all of the cards that I saw made with this particular sketch. I realized I haven't made any Halloween cards yet this season, so I thought that I would get my one of my favorite sets from last seasons Holiday mini all inky again. I love to watercolor so the Best Fiends set was a natural for me to purchase.

I stamped Frankie with Staz-On Black on watercolor paper and used my watercolor crayon and an aquapainter to color him in. I still have quite a ways to go before I will be happy with my watercoloring, but I have come a long way from my first watercoloring attempts. I highlighted certain areas of Frankie with my Copic Spica glitter pens (I so wish you could see the sparkle). Once Frankie was colored in, I sponged some Vintage Violet (one of last years "In" colors) all around the edges of the watercolored piece. I used my ticket corner punch on both the watercolored layer, as well as the Pumpkin Pie layer, and then layered both of these on a Lavender Lace piece. The card base is made from Vintage Violet. To this, I added a Basic Grey (one of this years "In" Colors) layer stamped with the new Sanded background in Basic Black. The horizontal layer is a Martha Stewart ribbon tape from her Halloween collection (this stuff is uber cool). The next layer is some sparkly Glitter paper from the K & Company 2007 Halloween Line. I felt like the piece still needed "something" so I punched a bat shape from Basic Black cardstock with my Martha Stewart bat punch. The bat is covered with Black mica powder to make him super sparkly. I'm trying to save up for a nicer digital camera. I would love to be able to better capture the sparkle of my work a little better (in addition to the antics of my two very active young children). Hope you enjoy!


Stamps: Best Fiends, Sanded
Cardstock: Vintage Violet, Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Lavender Lace, K & Company (dp)
Ink: Staz-On Black
Accessories: Martha Stewart ribbon tape, Martha Stewart bat punch, Copic Spica glitter pens, Ticket corner punch, black Mica powder


4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, Frankie is too cute, love your coloring.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very, very cute card. Love that green face. I hope you don't mind a word of advice from a subscriber. The pale blue lettering on your postings is barely visable against the white background.

Hugs,
Beth

Kim Burmeister said...

This is awesome! I would say you are already a great watercolorer! Frankie is so cute. I have had my eye on the Martha Stewart punch and now I really want to get it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is so great with the Sanded background! Love all that glitter and the ribbon is great! Love how you've used it like a background layer.

 
site design by designer blogs