Pages

8.07.2007

Swapping with Jami


I received an invitation from Jami (known for running a tight swap) to join in on her New Catty Swap. Jami has some of the best swappers participate (a LOT of my stamping idols), so I jumped at the chance to join in. The only downside to swapping with some of your stamping idols is the sheer nervousness that follows worrying about whether your work will be up to snuff. Anyway...here is what I made using the new Stamping Up set Haunting Halloween. This is a Surprise Pop-Up slider card that I learned how to make over on Splitcoast. This is a super easy WOW technique that Beate Johns wrote a tutorial on. Give it a try, it really is fun!

I used the new Basic Gray SU cardstock, along with Only Orange, Lovely Lilac, Green Galore, and Shimmery White. I stamped the star background and the steam coming from the Cauldron using Craft Black and then embossed over this with Hologram Highlights embossing powder. Sparkly! I watercolored the cauldron with my watercolor crayons. The little frog has googlie eyes for a little pizzaz. The contents of the Cauldron and the stars in the steam have Martha Stewart glitter. The sides are held together with a bunch of eyelets that I set with my Crop-O-Dile (love this tool)! Here is a view of the Pop-Up. Enjoy and thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
Stamp: Haunting Halloween
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Shimmery White, Only Orange, Lovely Lilac, Green
Galore

Ink: Craft Black, Staz-On Black, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Hologram Highlights EP, Bold Brights II Eyelets, Basic Eyelets, Watercolor
crayons, Google Eyes, Martha Stewart glitter, Round Tab punch.

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, I will have to go over and check out this tutorial

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Cute, cute, cute!! That's a lot of work for a swap card. Bet everyone was pretty darn glad you were in their group. Fantastic, Linda!

Anonymous said...

I love all the different colored eyelets on this card, toooo CUTE!!!! :)

 
site design by designer blogs