Pages

7.11.2007

Casing Ellen



One of my favorite enablers...um make that artists is running a contest on her blog. That artist (and enabler extradinaire) is none other than Ellen Hutson. The contest is to use one of her recent layouts and stamp a card with a Lockhart image. None of us know what the prize is, but Ellen promises that it will be good. :-)


I just adore this Roses and Daisies Lockhart stamp from the La Fleur Couture line. I think the La Fleur Couture and the Veggie Couture stamps are just a brilliant concept. Ellen has made some of the most beautiful and elegant cards that I have ever seen with these stamps. If you haven't ever checked out Ellen's blog, I would highly recommend paying her a visit.


I wish my photo did better justice to how shimmery this little beauty is. The cardstock is SU's Shimmery White. In addition to that, I used my Sakura glitter pens (pink and clear) to highlight portions of the dress. Alas, it is cloudy and overcast here in Colorado, and this is the best picture that I could produce.

Stamp set used: Roses and Daisies
(Lockhart)

Cardstock: Shimmery White, Very Vanilla
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On, Certainly Celery, Pretty in
Pink

Accessories: Dots embossing template (SU), Scor-It,
Marvy Oval Scallop Punch, Celery Organdy, dimensionals, Sakura clear and pink
glitter pens

13 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I love this so could you add a feed (I use feedburner as its easiest to use) because I would love to get your updates by email.

BarbK said...

This so elegant and beautiful. I may have to CASE your CASE! Is that allowed, and to whom do I give credit? LOL! Great blog and I'm going to link on mine.

Michele Kovack said...

This is so pretty! By the way, loved the card you sent to Beate..it is truly drop dead gorgeous! How do you adhere it to the acetate without the adhesive showing? One more thing, your son looks almost exactly like mine a few years back...same grin and everything!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the elegance of this card, it is great.

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous cards, all, Linda! It's great to see you blogging!

Patti Gingrich said...

Just found your blog through a link from Beate's. Your work is beautiful! Look forward to visiting again and again.

Nancy said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card, Linda! It's absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! So glad to have found your blog!

Anne Marie said...

Lovely, lovely card, Linda! I too am a fan of Ellen's, and every time I open up her blog I see that gorgeous card on the right of the screen. You did a beautiful job with this!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness gracious! How gorgeous! Mouthwatering! Exquisite! You did such a beautiful job and I love it!!

Shannon McGann said...

I just found your blog! I absolutely love this card - it's gorgeous! I'll be back!

Elaine said...

This is beautiful!! I am subscribing to your blog there are so many great ideas that you've shared and I love to look at them all!

 
site design by designer blogs