Pages

8.21.2008

Gnome Down - Installment #2


OK....since I had another one of these masked and stamped images laying about from my first gnome challenge with Karrie, I couldn't let it go to waste (that is after all a 5x5 inch panel of my coveted shimmery white paper)! LOL!

I decided to go for a cute wintery scene! The base card is a 6x6 inch piece of Naturals White paper. I used so many glittery products on this particular card to make it sparkle like winter scene with fresh fallen snow, I almost lost count! And can I say that I am loving the new SU In Color Baja Breeze!

I first watercolored my scene, and then masked both images and sponged in my sky (Soft Sky and Baja Breeze). I added a few glittery touches here and there with my Copic Spica glitter pens. Next I used a Versamarker to strategically highlight a few areas in which snow would collect on a little mushroom house. I then sprinkled on some Winter Wonderland embossing powder (Stampendous) and set with my heat gun. I then used some Liquid Applique in a few spots (including the smoke coming from the chimney) and again covered with the same embossing powder for some added texture and sparkle. I used Diamond Stickles in a few spots for extra glitter. The snowflakes on the card base are from the SU set, The Snowflake Spot (which was stamped in Baja Breeze). I also used the 'dots' stamp from the same set for the falling snow on the focal image.

All I can say is that I had fun 'shopping' from my stash of stuff to find things for this card!

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out Karrie's card here. Our next installment of the Gnome Down will be Saturday! Hmmmm.....which Gnome to use?



Card Recipe:
Stamps: Kelly's Gnome Right, Cathrine's Gnome Home (all from Odd Bird Planet), The Snowflake Spot (retired SU)
Cardstock: Shimmery White, Naturals White, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Figgy Pudding (Basic Grey)
Ink: Black Staz-On, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point, Versamark, Versamarker
Other: WWC, Copic Spica Glitter Pens, Diamond Stickles, Winter Wonderland ep (Stampendous), Liquid Applique, velvet ribbon from stash, photo corner punch, scallop edge punch, glitter brads (KI Memories)

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Ooooh. I love your snow scene. All that work was definitely worth it.

Looking at the card gave me a little chill. Such a treat in the August heat!

Great work!

Karrie Baker said...

I am so loving this! I better get out the shroom house and whip something up with that on Saturday! LOL

I have to tell you, I am having a BLAST this week! Thanks so much for stamping with me! Love ya girl! xo

:)

toners said...

Oh, this one is so cool! Love all the pouffy, shimmery snow!!

Sharon in NE said...

Linda this is so cute!

 
site design by designer blogs